Tuesday, January 8, 2013


MOM!!  I’m so proud of you!
You are fulfilling your goal! Yesss!! That makes me soo happy! You are the best investigator I have, Parabéns! Ha but really, that is great. I am more and more convinced that the Book of Mormon is one of the most powerful tools that God has given us to bring the spirit. I know that even though sometimes our little efforts to study the gospel don’t seem like much, Heavenly Father takes note and will send more of his spirit and love in our lives. Ha at this rate you are probably going to beat me reading the Book of Mormon. I started in October Cap to Cap and now I am at Alma 34 (goood chapter) no Livro de Mórmon. It’s been really funny, I am somewhat addicted to reading!

Wow. 200 days already eh? I remember when you told me about 100 days when I first arrived here in Juazeiro. Wow! Goes by quick eh? (I am pleased to tell you that I am struggling to type in English, I keep on thinking in Portuguese) Talking about journals, I think this year has been my best year at keeping a journal. Ha this last week I pulled out my College journal that I brought with me and I have been reading about 2012. WOW, what a year it has been! I don’t think I could ask for a better year. My year was PACKED even though half of it was normal life.

By the way, if you could post this on Facebook, that would be great. "My 2012. Trained the next generation of Ski/Snowboarding Olympiads. Had a second home at the U. Watched all 7 seasons of "How I Met Your Mother". Partied through the Pita Pit, a Dirty Thirty, a Silent, an Irish Pub, a Vegas High School Formal dance. Crowd surfed at the Festival of Colors and surfed for reals the shores in San Diego. CALI ROAD TRIP.  Lived through my 40 day Facebook lent (and then another 6 months) Fun Hot Tubbin Nights. Fell in love with running (I use to hate it). Played my fair share of Volleyball. Earned my Associate’s of Science at UVU. Returned to the Pit and the Pool. Had some epic golf matches with the Cetraros, the Fam, and friends, Yaaahooo! Had my first time landing in a plane. Explored Hawaii and all it’s wonders. Scaled the Wellsville mountains and beheld the Land of my Childhood. Left the country for the first time, became fluent in Portuguese, born and raised in Juazeiro do Norte, have seen many miracles, and have grown more than I could ever possibility imagined spiritually and in life skills serving an LDS Mission in Fortaleza Brazil. Wow, 2012 although the world didn’t come to an end, you would of went out with a BANG!"

Wooo... That will probably be my biggest post ever on FB but it will make up for the lost 6 months. Ooooh yeah. So guess what?  My Christmas package got sent back home. Slackers here in Fortaleza. So I hear just send them in smaller packages and say that it is filled with missionary supplies and not expensive things or they will hold it hostage again. Ridiculous huh? I did get one package from Gma Ronda. oooh myyy gosh tell her muito obrigado for the pod. (She sent him fitted bed sheets) With my sheets that would come undone every day I gave up on fixing that, and then I gave up on keeping the other parts of my room, and then I gave up on keeping my desk tidy, and then my brain gets all untidy, and then I can’t sleep as well in the night. It is amazing what a nice made bed can do for you! Also thanks for the chique ties and that (Cache Valley) calendar, OMG. I was showing everyone how pretty my home is and yeah. Thanks for the Trunkeza (home-sickness)

We had another baptism, Frank. He knew the Church before a year ago but once his girlfriend left him he texted us begging to get baptized. I really have been seeing so many miracles. God Exists. I see his Hand in my work everyday. I am so blessed and I can’t believe how I am receiving daily miracles. I blame Prayer =) and other things of course but it was definitely a week of miracles! Alrighty. That’s all I got this week. You are the best and I love you! Ciao ciao!
-Elder Cetraro

No comments:

Post a Comment