Tuesday, September 24, 2013


Opa mamãe!
Como vai??  So this last week President came and visited us during our District Meeting. At the end of the District Meeting he gave us a couple heads up. One, by the end of the year our Mission will have 200 missionaries AGAIN! We were at 200 when the mission divided in July, in 6 months we will be full of a bunch of newbies! Ha, so I am thinking that I will be having a couple of "Grandsons" here soon because they are training way early, so who knows what is going to happen to us old Farts like me.

The other notice he gave us was..... NO MORE BACKPACKS?!?! Whhhaaattt?? I thought young white shirt ‘n tie boys with big backpacks on top was part of the missionary legacy... guess they are trying to wean that down a bit, so I will have to leave the good ol’ camel back at home here soon.

Well as for my week. So you asked about Gerson. So this week we had a lot of people preparing for baptism. As for us we had 3. Gerson, his Mom Ana, and a little nephew boy of a bishop, Jordan. So we spent a lot of time preparing these people. Ana got prepared well, and Gerson this last friday, we had a lot of time to clear up doubt with him but still was a little hesitant with the baptism. Saturday morning I read Elder Holland’s talk from last General Conference and OMG it was perfect for Gerson, I got all excited to share it with him, but they gave me a call and said they would be traveling this weekend, hmmph.... QUE ISSO?!?! Patience, right? Well yeah, also Jordan will wait for this next Saturday to be baptized so his Mom can be there. So it was a little tough focusing on these people all this week, and then none of them being baptized... but it will all work out.

This week there was a woman that we taught, she was really cool, but she was really interested about if we have days off, if we can have friends, how the heck do we just work straight like we do for 2 years.
Ha, I learned two things here. One, how grateful I am for the rules. Really, if it wasn’t for the rules, it would be ten times harder to be dedicated to the work. It would be real easy to get distracted and hang out, especially with taking out some of the little rules. Second, of how happy and joyful it is to serve others. I really thought about, hmmm how is it that we are so dedicated and so happy at the same time. It is true, we don’t socialize a lot here. Just teach the gospel. But later on in the week while we were teaching Tiara about service, it dawned on me that there is a great joy that comes through service. Maybe it may not be the usual chit chat that we love, but with the little interaction we have, while doing good works, and having the spirit testifying in our hearts of what we are doing is the right thing. Well, it is a lot easier to understand how we do it.

Anyways, besides that the week was chill. It sure had it’s ups and downs, but God never leaves me comfortless when I search for His comfort. I am getting a little bit more tidy by the way. I am getting some good habits. It is amazing what a little bit of study and prayer can do to changing simple things like cleaning.

But yeah... that’s about all I got for you for now. I am happy, and who knows what will happen next week when it is transfers! Eiita! Bishop thinks I will leave, and Elder Monical is begging for me to stay. I don’t know what I want, but I am thinking maybe it is my time. Who knows!
But I love you,  Tchau!!
-Elder Zachary Cetraro 

No comments:

Post a Comment