Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 24, 2012


MY FIRST BAPTISM!!!! I have been doing a lot of splits. Well yeeeaaah, I guess it paid off! His name is Adriano Cardoso do Nascimento. I met him on a split, he is in the Zone Leader’s area. Our first visit with him was amazing. First, me and Elder Santos da Silva arrived early and we had dinner with them. He is the most humble man I have ever met. You just kinda want to hug the guy he seems so humble. Anyways that day was one of the first days I really felt discouraged about the work. But his experience was amazing. The others Elders showed up and we started a lesson. We asked him if he had received an answer (and this is the good part) and he said he did. I guess before there was a challenge with the Book of Mormon to just open it up and you will find your answer. So he showed us the scripture he found and it was Ether 8:26.

“Wherefore, I, Moroni, am commanded to write these things that evil may be done away, and that the time may come that Satan may have no power upon the hearts of the children of men, but that they may be persuaded to do good continually, that they may come unto the fountain of all righteousness and be saved.”

I was blown away. Anyways, I probably did 4 other follow up lessons with him. They have been focusing on him because he is a man with a family. But I think where he grew to like me the most though was at church, because I would always sit next to him (he is very shy) and explain things. One testimony I shared with him was about faith. How I understand how he feels with being very new. But you have got to act on what God already has given you. So yeeeah, during his interview he chose me to baptize him. I found out like 16 hours before the baptism. Crazy huh? The baptism was great =) I was fasting before I found out and I continued to fast until the baptism. So it was good. Awesome huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment